Construction Updates: Shearwater & Sawgrass Village
At a recent ULI North Florida event, ELM Principal Russ Ervin was asked to present on several ongoing ELM projects that are currently under construction. With more than 150 people in attendance, the Moving Dirt in St. Johns County event highlighted several current projects across the county, including ELM projects Shearwater, Sawgrass Village, and TrailMark.
ELM's presentation slides from the event can be viewed below. The Jacksonville Business Journal also published an article about the event that can be found here.
Shearwater is a 1,524-acre Planned Unit Development that will feature 2,600 lots, 13 miles of walking trails, 600 acres of preserved habitat and lakes, a central club amenity, a K-8 St. John's County School, and a 10-acre county park.
Shearwater Phase I:
- Master Infrastructure
- 543 Homes
- Amenity Center
- 7,000 sq ft Kayak Club
- Fitness Lodge and bath house
- Playground areas
- Sports fields
- 4 lighted Har-Tru tennis courts
- Aquatic amenity with:
- Resort-style pool
- Lap pool
- Slide tower
- Lazy River
Sawgrass Village is a commercial redevelopment project in Ponte Vedra Beach that required a complex coordination effort with tenants during multiple phases of construction.
Russ presented on behalf of ELM’s involvement with Sawgrass Village, while Peter Ma of ETM assisted him by speaking to the civil engineering aspect of the project.
- ELM — Planner, Architect and Landscape Architect
- England-Thims & Miller (ETM) — Civil Engineer
- Atlantic Engineering Services — Structural Engineer
- TLC Engineering for Architecture — Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Engineer
Total Project 151,000 sq ft
- Publix 49,000 sq ft
- CVS 13,000 sq ft
- Total Phase I Retail & Restaurant 31,000 sq ft
- Improved more than 10,000 sq ft of retail behind Publix
- Created more than 18,000 sq ft of new retail space along Village Main Street to connect Publix with newly renovated Caffé Andiamo restaurant
- Provided space for lakefront retailers to relocate before Phase II demolition began
- Total Retail 45,000 sq ft
- Total Restaurant 12,000 sq ft
- Feb. 2015 – Began construction
- Demolition of office buildings & lakefront shops
- Site work enhancements on Village Main Street
- Fall 2015 – 12,000 sq ft Building E on Main Street completed & tenant buildouts began
- Oct. 2015 – Aqua Grill opened new 5,000 sq ft location – only closed temporarily
- Early 2016 – Construction began on Nona Blue “modern tavern” – founded by PGA TOUR Golfer Graeme McDowell
- Summer 2016 – Estimated completion for Nona Blue, more than 25,000 combined sq ft retail space in 2 final retail buildings, and park/open space